Google Chromecast is a special device which is plugged into television (TV) or monitor via an HDMI port. With this unique device you can cast content from your mobile device or computers onto the bigger screen without any subscription fees even though you have to pay for your services like prime vides, Netflix, and other entertainment applications.
Google Chromecast is packaged with many streaming content applications; you can even cast content from Google chrome browser. This new world of entertainment may be hindered sometimes with notifications like “Chromecast source not supported”, so in such case, you have to follow simple steps and then you can enjoy streaming with Google Chromecast.
Chromecast source not supported: Fix this error in 5 simple steps
There is no specific one reason behind “Chromecast source not supported” error, but one has to try the following things in order to resume enjoying streaming with Google Chromecast. These five simple steps of fixing Chromecast source not supported error are actually five easy ways to fix Chromecast. Let’s have a quick look on the best ways to fix Chromecast not supported error:
1. Check the Wi-Fi Connection
The very basic way is to check whether the Wi-Fi device is working properly or not. Try to watch a YouTube video or open a website to check that the Internet is working properly. Also, ensure that the mirroring device and Chromecast are connected to the same Wi-Fi connection.
2. Clear memory
When the “Chromecast error not supported” error occurs only while using specific applications then you may try clearing the cache memory of the app and then the issue can be resolved.
3. Restart the TV, Wi-Fi router and casting device
Sometimes, the error can be fixed simply by restarting all the devices associated. TV, Wi-Fi router and casting device which could be mobile or computer should be restarted one by one (wait for few minutes after restarting each device) to resolve the error of “Chromecast source not supported”.
4. Disable VPN and Ad-Blocker service
Try disabling the VPN and ad-blocker extension service to stream some geo-restricted content as this simple thing can also help you in fixing the error.
5. Enable mirroring service
When you are casting or mirroring the chrome browser, you have to check that the mirroring option is enabled on the chrome browser.
My TV isn’t detected as a Google Chromecast built-in device. How to fix in 5 mints?
Image Source: https://www.google. com/chromecast/built-in/
Sometimes, the TV isn’t detected as a Google Chromecast built-in device then you just have to follow the easy steps mentioned below and your issue will be resolved.
- Check the TV should be updated with latest software.
- Connect the casting device (mobile or computer) and TV to the same Wi-Fi or same network connection.
- Check whether the Chromecast built-in app is enabled or not.
- Updates for Chromecast built-in and Android system WebView should be uninstalled.
- Erase or delete data on Chromecast built-in and Android system WebView.
- Update each and every app installed on the television (TV) to the latest version available.
- Restart the app, casting device (mobile or computer), router, and TV.
Then, check that the issue of TV not detected as a Google Chromecast built-in device is resolved properly.
How to Fix “No Cast Devices Found” Error Chromecast?
Now, we will look on how to fix “No cast Devices Found” error as sometimes Chromecast app is unable to find one or more devices that one wants to stream to. Luckily, there is an efficient and easy method to solve “No Cast Devices Found” error in no time. Let’s have a look on what steps you need to do.
- Remove the cable from the router as well as modem and the reinsert the cable.
- Restart the power for Chromecast and restart the app.
- In the Google Home app, select ‘Menu’ in the upper-left corner.
- Then, select devices > Options >Reboot > Press OK.
If you face difficulty in finding your device even after doing these steps, then push the Input button on the remote and choose a different method of Input (HDMI1, HDMI2, HDMI3) and push OK button.
How to Display Windows Desktop on a TV Using Chromecast?
Here is an easy guide on how to display Windows Desktop on a TV using Chromecast:
- Open Chrome on your desktop.
- At the top right corner, Click on More> Cast> cast to> cast Desktop.
- From the list of available devices choose the Chromecast device you want to stream the content.
Netflix not working on Chromecast: How to fix in 6 simple steps?
Image Source: https://www.google .com/chromecast/built-in/
Netflix not working on Chromecast is enough to spoil many gathering and evenings. Let’s have a look on how to fix Netflix working on Chromecast: the two possible reasons of Netflix not working on Chromecast are either the Netflix is not updated or the cast icon to watch Netflix is missing. Do check following 6 simple fixes that will help you to enjoy Netflix on Chromecast:
- Make sure your Netflix is updated with the latest version.
- Ensure that the mobile and Chromecast are connected to same wireless network.
- Restart the mobile device.
- Update the Google play services and Google Home.
- Reboot the Chromecast.
- Sign out of Netflix and then login again.
I can’t Chromecast from my Android device, what can I do to fix? Resolution in 5 mints
There can be a lot of reason due to which one can’t Chromecast Android device but the main reason for this can be quality and speed of the internet available (other reason can be configuration of router, type of mobile device). The following steps can help you in getting rid of your issue:
- Ensure the mobile device and Chromecast are connected to the same network.
- Clear the cache memory of the app.
- Ensure the android device is running on the recent and latest version.
If you face difficulty in casting any specific application, then try uninstall and reinstall the application. Reinstalling may be enough to resolve your Chromecast issue in Android device.
Chromecast mirroring: How to beam all your screens to the TV
Chromecast mirroring is a feature most useful when photos/videos do not have app support. The requirement for Chromecast mirroring is presence of Google Chrome browser in computer and Android version above Android 4.4.2 in the Android device.
Chromecast Mirroring steps from an Android Device:
- Open the application- Google Home.
- Click Menu on the upper-left corner and then click on cast screen/audio.
Few Last words:
In this article, we have discussed all the major issues or errors one can face while using Google Chromecast device like Chromecast source not supported, My TV isn’t detected as a Google Chromecast built-in device, How to Fix “No Cast Devices Found” Error Chromecast, How to Display Windows Desktop on a TV Using Chromecast, Netflix not working on Chromecast, I can’t Chromecast from my Android device, what can I do to fix, and Chromecast mirroring. Hope now onwards you will be able to enjoy hassle free casting from your Chromecast device.