This blog will show you how to clear your YouTube cache easily on any device.
One of the beautiful features of YouTube is its cache function. This saves items into a temporary storage system so that when you want to watch a video in the future, it doesn’t have to load from scratch again – it can grab what’s saved in the cache instead! But if there are videos or channels that you want to remove from your history or stop auto-playing videos or reduce buffering, clearing the cache is one way to do so.
What Is Cached Data?
On the internet, there is this thing called cache data. Cache data in simple terms is a copy of some kind of media file that has been stored on your computer for faster access later. So when you go to websites like YouTube and type in a search term, the website keeps track of the entries searched by all users so that when another user type in the same search term and goes to that site again, they can see what others have searched for. This way, YouTube videos won’t be completely randomized every time you view them or someone else views them.
What Is Cached Data On Youtube?
When somebody visits YouTube for the first time or performs a new search on YouTube, every page that person browses throughout their visit is stored in form of cache on your device. This is done so that, if you go back to the website later on a different day or someone else browses YouTube and searches for the same keyword, then they will be able to see an identical copy of the page as to how it was when you visited it.
But due to lack of storage space in mobile devices, oftentimes people are looking for ways by which they can clear cache in their phone memory because there’s just no more room, but this is where things get tricky. How To Clear Cache On Youtube? Clearing cache from your device is nothing out of the ordinary and involves simple steps. Here’s how you can clear YouTube Cache on multiple devices.
Ways to Clear the YouTube Cache on multiple devices
Here’s how to clear the YouTube cache easily. Following are different ways tried over three devices and this really works.
How To Clear YouTube Cache On Web Browser
If you are one of those guys who watch YouTube videos on web browsers, then you might consider clearing your YouTube cache. Here’s how to clear YouTube cache on any Web browser.
How To Clear YouTube Cache On Google Chrome
1. On the top right-hand corner, you will see the 3 bars icon, click on the three bars icon and select ‘Settings.’
2. On the left side of the page, click on ‘Show advanced settings at the bottom of the page.
3. Scroll down to ‘Clear browsing data’ and select it. You’ll be given two options: ‘Cache’ and ‘Cookies and other site data. Choose both options for a comprehensive clear-out of your history. Clicking this option will remove videos from YouTube that are currently saved in your cache as well as cookies and website data from websites you have visited online, essentially clearing your browsing history from all devices that are connected to your Google account.
How To Clear YouTube Cache On Bing
1. In the Bing search field, type in ‘Clear browsing data’ and select it in the drop-down menu.
2. Select ‘Clear Browsing Data, and then click on ‘Clear’ to remove your browsing history from all devices that are connected to your Microsoft account.
How To Clear YouTube Cache In iPhone
Clearing YouTube cache in iPhone is very easy, and we only need three steps to do that. Here’s how to clear YouTube cache on your iPhone:
1. You have to click Settings > then Click General > then go to Storage & iCloud Usage > click over Manage Storage.
2. Choose Videos or Audio and Photos, and choose ‘Delete All.’ This will clear the cache for the videos, photos, and audio files that you have watched/listened to before.
3. Go to the YouTube application and choose ‘History’ at the bottom of the page, then choose ‘Clear history.’ Tap on ‘Clear history’ to remove videos that you have watched before from the YouTube application.
How To Clear YouTube Cache On Android
If you are using Android and wondering how to clear your YouTube cache on it, don’t worry! It’s quite simple. Here’s how to clear the YouTube cache on android easily within minutes.
1. Open Chrome on your smartphone.
2. Press the menu button and go to ‘Settings‘ > ‘Advanced Settings.’
3. Choose ‘Privacy,’ then turn on “Clear Browsing Data.”
4. Now, choose the videos you want to clear, and choose “OK” to back up the settings.
5. After the process is done, you will find that your YouTube cache has been cleared.
You can now easily clear YouTube cache if you want to do so! What are you waiting for? Go try it now!
How To Clear YouTube Cache On PC
If you are on a PC, you might wonder how to clear YouTube cache on your computer. Here’s how to do it in less than two minutes!
1. First, open the Chrome browser and write ‘clear browsing history’ at the address bar.
2. Select ‘Clear browsing history and tap on ‘Clear Now.
3. Now restart your computer to finish clearing. Done!
Advantage Of Clearing YouTube Cache
If you clear the youtube cache, then it will not be possible for other users to find your search keywords. You’ll have “fresh” data straight from the source, and no one can predict what kind of information you might discover.
The benefits of clearing YouTube cache are plenty. For one, it frees up a lot of space on your phone/tablet/computer, as cached data takes up a good deal of storage space (especially videos). It also gets rid of images and text you don’t need anymore that clutters your user interface and wastes resources.
While we’re at it, here’s another benefit: if you clear video cache from your Android device, you won’t end up unintentionally watching the same thing over and over again because you simply can’t find what you were looking for in the first place – unlike when YouTube keeps replaying something for days or weeks on end even after you’ve watched it once before.
YouTube is one of the most popular web services today. It’s very easy to get used to its features, and you generally don’t think about clearing your YouTube cache. But if you clear it, it means you will be able to uninstall all the programs related to YouTube from your computer or other devices which will then free up more room for other important things that you need on your computer and/or other devices.
If there are any more questions regarding how to clear YouTube cache, feel free to comment below!