Google docs are effective means to create, edit and combine your work free of cost. With the smart styling and editing, aids google docs can make documents more lively and presentable as google docs have all the things which are needed in a word processor but one may find extra pages or blank space inserted in the google doc occasionally, so here is the easy and complete guide for you on
– how to delete a page in google docs or deleting a blank page in google docs. You can also find how to delete a page break in google docs or how to delete a second page in google docs and you can also learn how to delete a whole page in google docs.
How to delete a page in google docs?
The unwanted extra pages can be deleted from google docs with ease but only when the person is aware of the correct procedure of how to delete a page in google docs? The first method includes the following steps to delete a page in google docs: –
1st Method: Using direct buttons
- To delete a page, highlight the complete text, make sure that the complete text is selected.
- Click the ‘backspace’ button or ‘delete’ button on your keyboard.
In this way, one can easily delete a page in the google doc that is bothering.
2nd Method: Margin adjustment method
The second method to delete a page includes the adjustment of the margins of the pages. The oversized margins may result in the addition of an extra page in your google docs, reason being too much space is occupied at the edges and corners of the page in google docs making the document too lengthy unnecessarily.
To delete a page without deleting the text, the margins of the page can be adjusted as:
- Firstly, go to the File tab.
- Scroll down in the file tab to the page setup option and click that.
- A popup menu will appear on the screen
- Change the right and left margins equally so that the text appears properly on the screen and you can get rid of the page as the extra page will be deleted from google docs.
File > Page Setup > Popup Menu > Change the right and left margin
3rd Method: Delete page break method
The third method by which one can delete a page in google doc is by eliminating all the page break from the document. A page break is a tool that ends the page even without the text filling the space in the page in google docs and a page break acts as a signal to skip the rest of the space and move to the next page.
When the page break can be removed from your document this will lead to the deletion of the unwanted space from your google document. A page break can be the most annoying thing as page breaks don’t allow the user to type on the blank space.
Sometimes undesirable page breaks are added into the google docs and that is responsible for occupying a lot of space of the page or take up a whole page. The easy way to get rid of this struggle is:
- Carefully place the cursor immediately after the blank space.
- Press the Backspace button or delete button on your keyboard can be used as an alternative to the backspace button.
- The undesirable space or page break will be disappeared from the google doc.
Hope now you know how to delete a page in google docs. Knowing the proper way to delete a page in google docs is necessary as it makes the document organized, tidy and the document looks more professional as well as more vibrant to eyes to read.
How to delete a blank page in google docs?
In google docs, when we press enter key at the end of the page after completing the text, a new page is added automatically to the document. In this situation, we need to know how to delete a blank page in google docs.
Deleting a blank page at the end of the document is easier than deleting a blank page between the text of the document as a blank page within the text may disrupt the format of the complete document.
For deleting a blank page in google docs, follow these steps:
- To delete a blank page at the end of the document, place your cursor at the end of the last written page (last page till where the text is written) of the document or we can say just before the blank page and then press the delete button on your keyboard, the blank page will be deleted from the google doc.
- To delete a blank page in between the document, you have to select the blank page by dragging the cursor (make sure a completely blank page is selected) and then press the delete or backspace button on your keyboard and the blank page will be removed from the google doc.
How to delete a second page in google docs?
As we have already discussed how to delete a page in google docs in 3 ways, it will be easier for you to understand that how to delete a second page in google docs. To delete the second page in google docs, you have to select the complete second page in google docs by dragging the cursor and then press the backspace or delete button on your keyboard, by doing these simple steps you can delete a second page in google docs.
How to delete a page break in google docs?
Page break may be responsible for disturbing the layout of the document so, in order to make your google doc organized, you should be careful that no extra or undesirable page break should be present in your document as extra page break may make your impression on the client or boss dull. The following steps will lead you to delete a page break in google docs:
- The Cursor should be placed just after the blank space.
- Press the delete or backspace button on your keyboard and the page break will be deleted from your google doc.
How to delete a whole page in google docs?
A whole page (whether it contains text or it is blank) can be deleted from the google doc by following the simple procedure as you just have to select the whole page in google doc by dragging the cursor to the whole page from starting of the page to the end of the page and then simply press the backspace button or delete button on your keyboard and through these simple steps you will be able to delete a whole page in google docs.